Friday, December 19, 2008

No Mayoral Messiah in Hoboken 2009


David Roberts needs to go as Mayor of Hoboken for sure but.... There is no Mayoral Messiah. I am not naive to think that. Short of Bloomberg moving to Hoboken and running for mayor there are no perfect candidates to replace our Ribbon Cutter extraordinaire.

Peter Cammarano- Allowed the spending to occur by passing bonding of city assests. Told me personally that by 2008 the deficit would be gone. He reneged. A thinner even more incredulous version of Roberts 3rd term.

Scot Delea- Superficial. Backed Roberts for political gain or so he thought. This was after Roberts had 4 years to show he was nothing about reform or at least better governance. The problem with Jersey Shore party socialite Scotch Delea is all style and no substance. A walking talking stump speech with no real ideas. Put a mirror in front of him and watch him stare and admire himself. See you at Edgars Scotch when you lose yet again.

Mike Russo- Did not do his job as Finance chair to put out the cuts sooner. No doubt. If he was Mayor Mommie dearest Michelle would be calling all the shots. Will say one thing about Mike though, you call him up with an issue, he shows up and tries to help.

Frank "Pupie" Raia- Knows where Hoffa is buried. Ha ha just kidding. Has changed alliances so much in the past 2 years I really don't know what he stands for. An affable guy who throws a good party every year. Made that crappy little Shop Rite Park that is now overgrown with weeds.

Beth Mason- She has some good ideas on transparency in government. I was asked to help her campaign but backed out when her Posse of Purple Pillow Ploppers were Pugnacious enough to not like one of my Posts. Please refer to the recent Purple Pillow Poem Post for more of a background on that. No one tells me what to think or say. Thats why I am not going to be a big part of any campaign other than donate and vote. Not very big on all the HCDO bashing from her Purple Pillow Puppets (minions). Heck, I know Jeff Barnes is a Cammarano hero worshipper. Just because I don't trust the many intricate HCDO associations doesn't mean I can't reach out to these people. This holier than thou HCDO is pure evil reminds me of GW Bush. It will drive people away from her campaign. Hillary Clinton proves that to feel like you are pre-ordained doesn't bode well in the end result.

Dawn Zimmer- I do think she is sincere and certainly has a common touch. In an ideal situation she would need more seasoning but the situation is not ideal. I will wait to see about this Lottery thing. Let the lawyers and judges figure it out. From what I hear this thing was could have been drummed up by Peter Cammarano who has ties to the AG's office. Looks like he has already started the attacks before the campaigns are formally declared.

Beth and Dawn are right now are the names out there for the closest thing to some change we can get. There could be others like Marsh Cunningham. I know I will not make my choice until candidates have formally declared and assemled their tickets. No one has formally declared as of yet so this is all speculation.

Just my opinion, but I could be wrong.

Share/Bookmark