Friday, April 3, 2009

Thank You Dave Roberts- For Zoning Board Appointments

Don't worry this is not a belated April Fool's joke but a expression of genuine thanks to Dave Roberts for his recent appointment of the two new Zoning Board officials Mike Novak and Tony Soares. Mike and Tony were 2 of the three no votes on Louis Picardo's denial for a D Variance on his multifamily home at 920 Hudson Street. In order to get the variance Louis Picardo needed five yes votes and he got only four.



This is a an important ruling in terms of property owners rights as a community when it comes to zoning and not just the whim of one connected City Official. The issue is not totally resolved but this goes a long way towards justice prevailing from my perspective. I live on Garden Street so this does not directly effect me but if it what Louis Picardo were allowed to do this on Hudson Street, I could at some point see the same thing happen on my Street.

Dave Roberts should be commended for these two appointments to the Zoning Board as these two gentleman used sound judgement in rendering the correct decision in this case.

I plan to post video of the summary arguments once You Tube processing can be completed. It can be glitchy at times.

Mike Novak is running on the Peter Cammarano ticket for councilman at large and I would like to personally thank him for his vote last night. It is about giving credit where credit is due. Same goes for Tony Soares as well but I have known Tony a long time and I know he does his homework. Again, thank you Dave Roberts for your good judgement in appointing these two individuals to the Zoning Board.

This is not a misprint. :)

- The Editor ◦
Share/Bookmark