Friday, October 2, 2009

Photo of the Day - Pumpkin Patch - Hiatus over

I figured the best way to restart the blog would be to have a picture that symbolizes the changing of the seasons and display of urban beauty that Hoboken can offer at times.




The photo was taken near the uptown Water front just this morning on my walk back from the uptown post office.

Hoboken Journal Off Hiatus


It is good to be back and online. To clarify a point a bit, I had decided to take a break not exclusively due to the merit of such legal threats against me but due to the place it brought me. I do try to not be sucked into the vortex of hate like some have so I thought it was best to reassess why I even bother to maintain this blog in the first place. Sometimes a brief timeout can be good. So here are my thoughts for now on what this blog means to me going forward:

1) This blog is a part time endeavor. Filtering of comments is not done and I don't read all comments.

2) The main focus has been political but after this election I think going into a more community focus could be in order.

3) Contributions such as photos, stories, editorials are needed from those in the community. Please forward all such content that you want shared to me at kurt.gardiner@gmail.com.

4) I will continue to publish my opinions from time to time and keep the editorials separate from the story line.

5) Other opinions are also encouraged. Potentially slanderous posts will be deleted upon request when politely requested showing the proper respect to me the editor. I must balance those concerns with the openness I strive for on my forum. I ask that this openness not be taken advantage of. Dissension is fine and although I'm part German I will not be "Kaiser Kurt" while running this website. I will leave that to another site whose declining readership and sponsorship model based on a third place candidate seem to have left them in a "pickle".

6) Civility is important though at times I admit that I can be sophomoric at times. Heck, I am after all a blog and that is part of the personality of this site.

7) This blog is not a news site. It is a blog and community forum. However, I will not knowingly ever publish something is false. If I should ever make a factual mistake you can be assured that I will print a retraction.

I have some more post in the works for today. Thanks to all the readers that have enjoyed my small web presence. That is all for now.

- The Editor



Share/Bookmark