Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hoboken 411 virus? - Reader Mail

Here is a reader mail sent to me on December 27th, 2009. They had some issues with a virus while trying to read Hoboken 411. Here is what they had to say. My comments are below.....

I was doing my early morning news check but my anti-virus software is denying access to 411, screenshot of warning is attached. Both Firefox and IE are blocked. Could that mean Hoboken 411 has a case of the clap? Well, a warning to you/your readers they could catch something over there.




My comment: In all fairness to Hoboken 411, this is the only case I have ever heard of someone getting this message while trying to browse Hoboken 411. There are many cases of ip address blocking in the past that are well documented but I haven't heard of them lately. Besides, "The Clap" is an infection and not a virus.  Furthermore, would the irresponsible owner of that site ever be affiliated with "Trojans" in either an actual or metaphorical sense (script error above indicates Trojan virus) ?

Myth Busted. Probably this reader got the virus from some other source. Has anyone else had this same issue? ◦
Share/Bookmark