Thursday, November 4, 2010

Election Vote Totals 4th Ward

Here are the updated election vote totals for the 4th Ward Special election that pitted relative new comer Tim Occhipinti vs. Mike Lenz. The machine vote margin of victory was 3% for Tim but a large number of absentee ballots made the margin much larger.

With the machine votes in favor of Tim Occhipinti I feel that this election will eventually be certified but I would like to see a full investigation into the allegations that votes were bought and paid for at $40 a clip. This is not about me or any one else being a sore loser, in fact I was present at last night's City Council meeting and I never saw more sore winners in my life. I don't think if fraud is uncovered it would be enough to tip the election in favor of Lenz but it is more about making sure that there is a fair playing field going forward. Despite the allegations that questioning the process was an attempt suppress votes I thought turnout was very good. More on this later.

When someone like Lane Bajardi admonishes the public to move forward and pay no attention to what happened during this election, that is when my attention should be even more focused on getting to the bottom of what really happened regardless if it tipped the outcome or not.


Share/Bookmark