Friday, February 4, 2011

Hoboken Journal Superbowl Predictions


Reader Infotainme: I'm going with ... The Other Green Meat.  The Green Bay Packers.  Roethlisberger is a world class mudder. But Aaron Rodgers has more pure talent and better receivers. He will thrive in the perfect conditions in Dallas (re-wind the Atlanta game if you need to - 48-21). Mike McCarthy is an underrated (for a few more days) head coach; passing out of the I-formation in the NFC Championship was super-clever and confusing to cover.  And the Green Bay defense will get a chance to prove they deserve to be mentioned with the teams that get all the press attention (Jets, Ravens, Steelers).  This is really a trap game every way you look at it - for Pittsburgh.  It won't be as close as the final; a late TD will make it look good.

Green Bay 27 - Pittsburgh 20.

Hoboken Journal: Lets face it, this year I am 3-7 in picking the NFL playoff winners. This is a pretty bad year for me but luckily I am not much of a gambler. Due to my inability to pick the game myself this year I am going to get help from Madden 11 the video game that has predicted 6 out of the last 7 winners via simulation. This year's simulation has the Steelers winning 24-20. I like the Steelers as well but with more points with the final score:

Steelers 34- Packers 20.


Share/Bookmark