Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Civic Involvement- HUMC Website Not Up to Date

I have been concerned about the status for Hoboken's Hospital since The Hoboken Municipal Hospital Authority Board was founded in 2006 through legislation enacted by Gov. Jon Corzine and the City of Hoboken to prevent the city from losing its only hospital, the former St. Mary Hospital. Many citizens like myself support it in principal but the recent borrowing of capital assets to pay for operating expenses has many citizens like myself concerned.

Here is the link to the Hoboken Municipal Authority Board
http://www.hobokenumc.com/main/contents.php?Id=111

They have published the Calendar of Meetings for 2009 (All meetings begin at 7:00 p.m.)

  • Wednesday, January 28, 2009
  • Wednesday, February 25, 2009
  • Wednesday, March 25, 2009
  • Wednesday, April 22, 2009
  • Wednesday, May 27, 2009
  • Wednesday, June 24, 2009
  • Wednesday, July 22, 2009


Meetings are all at the Hoboken University Medical Center Main Building, 308 Willow Avenue

However the minutes,agendas and financial statements have not been updated since June 2008. I have sent an email requesting that these documents be published to promote transparency and trust.

From: Kurt Gardiner
To: HMHA email
Date: Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Subject: Request for updates on the Web Site

Hello- My name is Kurt Gardiner and I am a resident of Hoboken. I was trying to get the minutes of the Hoboken Municipal Hospital Authority and I noticed that there are no more updates beyond June of 2008. I would find it useful if you could post the rest of the agenda minutes and financials for the monthly meetings through 2008. As a taxpaying resident, I want to stay informed as to the developments of the newly re-organized Hoboken University Medical Center. I have had friends of mine receive excellent care and wish your organization well but I want to know the state of the Financials in these tough economic times. I can't always make meeting so these postings are vital for me to stay informed.
Thanks in advance.

Kurt Gardiner
Hoboken Resident


Let's see when I get a response. I will keep you posted.
Share/Bookmark