Friday, August 7, 2009

Message from Dawn Zimmer - Acting Mayor of Hoboken

Here is a message from Dawn Zimmer after the first few days as acting Mayor of Hoboken:

Dear Friends, Thanks again for all your support. It's been quite a week, but I wanted to give you a brief update from my new office at City Hall:

Good News:

Zoning Ordinance: The City Council unanimously voted to pass the Zoning Ordinance at last night's City Council meeting.

This important legislation transfers zoning appointment authority to the City Council. Given recent events, I am proud to be a part of restoring the proper balance of power and protecting our City from potential corruption in the future.

There's just no denying that 9 people deciding on an appointment are less corruptible than one.

Job Opportunities:

Tomorrow I am posting job descriptions and soliciting resumes on the City's web site and other online sites for the following positions:
  • Community Development Director
  • Environmental Services Director
  • Director of Health & Human Services
  • Parking Utility Director
I have asked the current directors to apply as well. I am seeking the most qualified, progressive candidates to help move our City forward.

Please apply if you are interested, or spread the word to your friends and colleagues.
I am currently reviewing the operations of the law department, and am in discussions about transition to a new corporation counsel.

Public Safety Director: I am not calling for resumes for this position because I am in the process of analyzing the need for a Public Safety Director. Going forward I am putting together an action plan to involve the many talented community members in my efforts to bring positive change to our town. I will be following up with so many of you that have already offered your assistance.

Invite for Tonight: Please come and join me to hear one of my favorite Hoboken bands, The Gordys at Frank Sinatra Park at 7:00.

There's so much more to tell!
Hope to see you tonight.

Thanks.
Dawn Zimmer

Editor's Note: As candidates for Mayor announce their candidacies for the upcoming fall election, I will publish any press releases that are sent to me as per my policy carried over from the last elections. My email for such releases is kurt.gardiner@gmail.com.


Share/Bookmark