Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hoboken Photos of the Day- Annette Illing Remembered

With activist David Axelrod's recent passing I thought it would be a good time to dust off these photos that I have had in my archive for a while. These two photos are from Pier A Park during more temperate times and depict the memorial put there in remembrance of Annette Illing, a long time Hoboken activist who is no longer with us. It is my hope that those who cling to the ways of the status quo just for the sake of resisting change or perhaps lining their own pockets look to the inspiration of Annette's prior deeds and try not make Hoboken a better place for their own self interests but for the community as a whole. Annette Illing understood the concept of stewardship and self-sacrifice and it was embodied in her work as a community leader.  R.I.P. David and Annette.

Annette Illing did make Hoboken a better place for us all to live.

Tree planted in honor of Annette Illing.

Share/Bookmark