Monday, November 23, 2009

Hoboken Journal Gets New Camera for Better Paparazzi-like Content in the Future

Actually, in the headline I was just kidding about the Paparazzi part but I felt it was time to get a better camera to take shots at the various events I cover. The camera I selected was the Nikon D90 due to its performance and the upper limit of the price point of what I was willing to spend. It is an SLR 12.1 MP camera with HD video capabilities as well. The kit I got came with an 18-105mm lens which should provide me some versatility initially. With the less expensive Cannon Powershot I was using I was not able to get good photos from a distance in poor lighting. With this new camera hopefully I will be able to get better pictures to accompany stories on this and for personal occasions as well.

Since I am a complete amateur when it comes to digital SLR photography, I will accept any free advice from more experienced photographers as to how to work this thing. Let the experimentation begin!



Share/Bookmark