Saturday, January 23, 2010

NFL Conference Championship Week - Predictions and Poll

You can never really know who is going to win these games but I will take a stab at it anyway. My record so far is 2-2 during the wildcard round, 3-1 in the divisional round with the Jets giving me the one miss with their gutty performance last week. My Overall Record: 5-3.

This week I have the Colts over the Jets. This is not a bet from the heart but rather from the head. I do think the Jets have a chance to beat the Colts but between Peyton Manning and the way the Colts defense shut down Baltimore last week I still give them the edge. Final Score: Colts 24, Jets 17. If the Jets should win I predict a little celebration in the streets of Hoboken tomorrow not to mention many happy bar owners for the Superbowl that will pack them in two weeks later.

For the NFC Championship game I have the Saints over the Vikings in another shoot-out. There should be plenty of big plays on both sides with Adrian Peterson aka "Purple Jesus" providing a spark for the Vikings. Drew Brees and company will be able to get the passing game going and look for Reggie Bush to make a few big plays himself. The Saints have the homefield advantage and I think this will make the difference in a fun game to watch with a final score New Orleans 38, Vikings 28.

Here is a poll to pick the combo in the NFL Superbowl after these games are played this Sunday:


Share/Bookmark