Monday, February 14, 2011

Harvest Cuisine Tasting on 2-13-2011 Recap

Thanks to David Liebler of Eat Drink Hoboken for inviting MSV and the Hoboken Journal to an exclusive tasting at soon to be open Harvest Cuisine at 518 Washington Street. We put aside our political differencesfor one day and ate like Roman kings. David is responsible for helping get the word out about Harvest Cuisine and we were a part of a focus group to see how well the kitchen was doing before their formal opening. Feedback was very positive. I could not keep track of the sheer number of courses that came our way but all but one of the dishes was very good to excellent. The desserts were out of this world.

This was my first "tasting" in Hoboken and I have to say it was a fun experience. Roman and I ate with 4 other families and their kids so I had a little fun with the My Little Pony references at "Da Horsey's" expense. The Kids really liked the artisinal pizza and quite a few of them tried the sushi and rally liked it. Thanks go out to chef Eric Levine and business partner Alejandro Mena for doing this. I look forward to when this restaurant finally opens up. They probably need up to a week before they do a real opening. They have made great progress but it is always best to give some time to get the menu perfectly right and the staff properly oriented. From what I experienced yesterday Harvest Cuisine is on the right track.


Share/Bookmark