Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Letter to High School Parents, from Noreen Lazariuk, Principal of Hoboken High

This was published yesterday on the Hoboken BOE website. All of Hoboken should welcome Noreen Lazariuk and wish her well on improving Hoboken High School.

A Letter to High School Parents, from Noreen Lazariuk, Principal of Hoboken High

Dear Parents,


It is an honor to be named the new principal of Hoboken High School. I am excited about getting to know everyone in the school community and everything about Hoboken High School.

In my career as an educator I have been in the role of teacher, coach and administrator. My most recent experience as Vice Principal at Montgomery Township High School, a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School, has provided me leadership experience with innovative curriculum, collaborative learning teams, assessment, crisis management and supervision of teachers. My experience as a coach has spanned kindergarten through the collegiate level and included six different sports. I have had the privilege of being named Morris County Coach of the Year in 2000 and 2005. As a head coach, I have won six State Sectional titles and a Group 1 Championship. My graduate work at Montclair State University was highlighted by receiving The Executive Women of New Jersey’s most prestigious President’s Award Scholarship. These accolades represent accomplishments but were a direct result of taking a genuine interest in students.

The most important thing I want you to know about me is that I care about your children. In my experiences over the past twenty years in education my students have always come first. A primary concern in my decision making process is to address the best interest of my students. Their success and wellness will be my priority. I have begun the process of settling in and have felt welcomed by everyone I have met. My goal is to meet with as many staff members, students and parents as possible over the summer to learn more about the unique strengths, traditions and practices of Hoboken High School.

I look forward to meeting all of you. Please feel free to call or stop by for a visit. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at 201-356-3703 or noreen.lazariuk@hoboken.k12.nj.us.

Sincerely,

Noreen C. Lazariuk
Principal Hoboken High School ◦
Share/Bookmark