Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cammarano arrested as a result of FBI Probe

I was planning on staying on blogger vacation this Summer but events from this morning reporting Peter Cammarano's arrest from an FBI investigation now have me blogging again. At least for a little while.

Here are some recent links that cover the action:

Local:

http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.ssf/2009/07/with_the_mayor_arrested_who_wi.html

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/pages/full_stories_home/push?article--Cammarano-+Ass-t+attorney+criticizes+his+remarks-+No+Twitter+updates-%20&id=3019247--Cammarano-+Ass-t+attorney+criticizes+his+remarks-+No+Twitter+updates-&instance=up_to_the_minute_lead_story_left_column

National:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/nyregion/24jersey.html?r=1&ref=nyregion?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/23/new.jersey.arrests/index.html


In case you were wondering what my take on the soon to be anally violated Peter Cammarano et al scandal of some of New Jersey’s finest Sopranos, well here goes:

1) I had decided to put my blog on vacation this summer and stay away from the politics. Of course I did watch some of the Council meeting on NJ.com's Hoboken Now Website and what a show some of the speakers put on. Thanks to Carly for her efforts in informing the Public without a hidden agenda.

2) This vacation has had positive health benefits, My blood pressure is down, I now drink in moderation, but the eating (well that is another story).

3) Thanks to Peter for interrupting my vacation plans from the blog.

4) Now to the topic. No, I did not vote for this guy because I couldn't trust him.

5) He lied about his out of wedlock child that he had at 18 years old (personally I don't care about it other than the fact he lied when the story broke), he talked out of both side of his mouth, he was condescending to me even when I tried to politely reason with him on my choice, and he lied about his voting record and his opponents during the campaign for Mayor but what politician doesn’t? Answer- Dawn Zimmer. You might not like her as Council Prez. but at least she isn't corrupt.

6) I always suspected some skulduggery, malfeasance, patronage and pandering from this guy but outright corruption on this scale, never in a million years. I am still in shock.

7) To all those so-called reformers who voted for this guy thinking he was going to do the right thing.... I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO, etc.

8) I do believe in innocent before guilty but I suggest you read the complaint and judge for yourself. Pages 4 and on show this arrogant jerk's true colors and sniggering contempt for the electorate.

Here is the link to the FBI criminal complaint.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgerupdates_impact/2009/07/Mayor-Cammarano-Schaffer.pdf


9) Peter Cammarano’s career as Politician and Mayor is most likely toast regardless of whether or not he is convicted.

10) Skulduggery and malfeasance always bring out the poet in me so here goes:

Cammarano Jail Haiku

Cammarano caught,
Rising star now is distraught,
Ben Dover cell mate. ◦
Share/Bookmark