Friday, July 24, 2009

Political Cartoon - Yesterday's Events

I may be able to write a bit but one thing is for sure, I can't draw. Here is the first drawn political cartoon featured on this website displaying the artwork of local artist Ricardo "Ricky" Roig. He works as a waiter in town and I have always been impressed with his ability to do quick sketches. With all the perps potential and actual that we have in this town I am sure his skills could be needed some day to help fight crime. :)

In the meantime here is the first of what could be many political cartoons on Hoboken. I will publish more information on this artist but most of you perhaps know the song "Ricky don't lose that number"..... Well I lost Ricky's number. :)

At least I found him on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Ricardo-Roig/828840115#/profile.php?id=828840115

Anyway, I asked Ricky to take less than 10 minutes to sketch something about Peter Cammarano and the Monopoly theme including The GO TO JAIL CARD. That was the limit of my art direction and to the left is the result....


Share/Bookmark