Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Update!:Verizon FIOS now has MSNBC as of February 2, 2010

Local Verizon FIOS now has MSNBC

Update: Reader "AnneBoelyn" has confirmed that Verizon now has MSNBC as of 2/2/2010. She was notified earlier from Verizon that the date would be February 2nd and she is happy to report she now has access to that channel.

Original Post 1/28/2010: MSNBC is coming to Verizon FIOS on February 11, 2010. Here is a letter from reader AnneBoelyn giving good news for those who have Verizon FIOS and would like to see MSNBC instead of the drivel that passes for news at FOX (I kid the neo-cons, really). Here is the email and link to the press release below:

Hello Kurt,

Just a heads up. I switched to Verizon FIOS in early January because I was pissed that Cablevision pulled Food Network and HGTV with no warning. (They are since back on Cablevision.) Verizon has been terrific so far but I was royally pissed when I realized they don't carry MSNBC. I should have done my research but it had never crossed my mind that Verizon wouldn't carry all of the major cable news networks.

I did my research and learned a lot of people felt the same way, and were surprised not to have MSNBC. Apparently, Cablevision and MSNBC had signed an exclusivity contract years ago. People complained, including the Attorney General of Connecticut, but still, no MSNBC for Cablevision competitors in much of NJ, CT and Long Island. The terms of the exclusivity contract were unknown, so there was absolutely no way to know when and if FIOS customers would get MSNBC.

Ha!!!! Lo and behold, in checking the news today, it's over! FIOS customers (for the first time ever) will get MSNBC by February 11. Here's the press release, from earlier today:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/verizon-to-launch-msnbc-on-fios-tv-throughout-the-new-york-metro-area-82915067.html
Share/Bookmark