Monday, December 22, 2008

Web Stuff - Site Dedicated to the Name Dave Roberts

I was browsing on the web and discovered the following: The Dave Roberts Page!

Here is a description that is on the Site:

"Dave Roberts is a good name that has thousands of claimants. We've only got a few of them here, but maybe you'll find someone you'd like to meet. As you read the page think about the likelihood of having two television weathermen with the same name, or two disk jockey types in the south-central US. The most-found profession turned out to be photography, but that may have more to do with usage of the Internet than anything else. I also detected enough computer researchers that we may want to huddle up to form a new company. New Daves get added as I am told about them."

http://www.daveroberts.com/dave_roberts.html

I sent this letter to the site owner asking him the following:

"Could you please add on your site that for that Dave Roberts, Mayor of Hoboken that our taxes have went up considerably due to his mismanagement of our City’s Finances. I don’t know if you should have him up on your site any more because he gives the Dave Roberts name a bad reputation:

There are many stories on this one but this gives you the general idea:

http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.ssf/2008/12/this_time_roberts_really_is_a.html

Just the humble opinion of one but there are many others in this town that agree with me. Also please let me know should you decide to ban him. There are many of us in Hoboken that need the slightest moral victory in light of our municipal taxes going up 47%."

Here is the site's owner response:

"47% increase? Ouch! I haven't had requests to ban people before, but I'll take it under advisement. I'll let you know what I decide to do. Dave Roberts, Santa Rosa, CA. "

Happy Surfing!


Share/Bookmark