Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cluck U Too - Belated Review

I figured I would jump on the reviewers bandwagon and grab a bite to eat at the recently opened Cluck-U Chicken at 112 Washington Street. This place has been reviewed by Hoboken 411, Live Hoboken, Hoboken Sandwich so I figured I'd throw my gut in ring and give it the old college try (pun intended). The place is clean as it is new and full of kitsch in establishing an tongue and cheek collegial theme for its fare.


On my first visit I ordered the breast bites combo and got a side of rice and beans and ordered
a side of fries. Because I am a fry purist, I just like the potato, only the potato and nothing but the potatato, so I didn't order them with gravy or cheese and hence they were not soggy. The rice and beans were ok but the chicken breast strips were delicious and I had them with the atomic BBQ sauce. In a subseqent visit I had the Wingers as they call them and I also got it with the atomic BBQ sauce. You can get their wingers up to the bucket size and they say on their menu larger quantities are available.



This is obviously not a health food place but they also have wraps and salads for those watching their calories. Apparently, I am not one of them. Overall I do recommend this place for the chicken strips and the wings. I have yet to try to the traditional sauce with the wings but you can bet that I will with the same odds that 8 years of Mayor Roberts would raise our budget and City taxes. :)
So Cluck-U Mayor Roberts, one of the best places for wings on the cheap has in the words of Hoboken 411 has finally come home to roost.


Share/Bookmark