Thursday, October 29, 2009

Corzine Rally Recap from October 28, 2009

Update 7:30PM:

Here is a video of Cory Booker giving the big buildup speech for Jon Corzine. I apologize in advance for the poor video quality since I had to film this in zoom mode with poor lighting.That coupled with a bum shoulder led to some shaky moments. The video is not the complete speech but a good portion of it.



Here is a slideshow showing some pictures of the event:



Original post 10/29/2009:

Last night at Teak near the Path Station in Hoboken over 400 people attended Jon Corzine's campaign rally from 7-10PM. I had originally estimated the crowd at 250 but I received a more reliable estimate from someone who had the doorman's clicker count. There were many local politicos in attendance. Current City Council members Mike Russo with his mom, Carol Marsh, Terry Castellano, Ravi Bhalla, and Beth Mason. Mayoral candidates Kimberly Glatt and Frank Raia along with the executives of the Hoboken Democratic Committee.

The following people spoke at the rally, Acting Mayor Dawn Zimmer, Freeholder Anthony "Stick" Romano, State Assemblyman Ruben Ramos. The speaker though that drew the most buzz was the eloquent Cory Booker, Mayor from Newark , NJ. Cory As predicted gave a passionate speech tying in the concepts of the Democratic party to actual political actions by the current Governor. Corzine followed Mr. Booker indicated Cory's speech left little else to say "but I rest my case". He continued on however to talk about the issues that New Jersey faces and about getting out the vote for Tuesday since in his own words "elections do matter".

There was an open bar a free appetizers to start off along with some good groovy music. The event ended around 10:30 PM.

According to one source, Beth Mason was upset that she wasn't alongside the Governor on the podium. None of the other City Council members were asked to be up on stage, just the acting Mayor who so happens to be Dawn Zimmer. Some consider it a snub, I just chalk it up to the Governor's team calling the shots on who got to speak. I find Beth Mason's coveting of Dawn's media time to be getting quite tiresome. I am sure I am not the only one to share that sentiment.

I have video and pictures and will post later tonight. I didn't get a chance to process them from my cameras this morning. ◦
Share/Bookmark