Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hoboken Journal - Spring Break and Beyond

Spring Break For The Hoboken Journal - Permanent?
Answer- I don't know.


After this weekend and the St. Patrick's Day Parade (which will be a hoot one way or the other ) I will be suspending my blog indefinetely to focus on other aspects of my career and personal life outside of the Hoboken political arena. I will still vote and be active in town but I feel I have reached the end of this very fun little experiment and feel this is the time for me to stop for now and let others take over the discussion.

The sheer stupidity of Maureen Sullivan and her vindictive nature on so many levels has made me realize that while Hoboken may have some good people with good intentions, it is full of hypocrites and posers that only want in it what is for them and not the good of the town as a whole. I started my blog in reaction to the garbage that was being produced over on the Hoboken 411 site. Political slant is for sale over there and I for one will enjoy the view from the sidelines while Rome burns from the yellow journalism of  Hoboken 411, lack of investigative reporting on Hoboken from real news sources, Sullivan's campaign of reform destruction on the BOE, Beth Mason's obstructionism and Alvarezian hypocrisy, stupid PILOTs for millionaires that cream normal taxpayers, Dave Robert's Fiscal Stewardship (think Titanic), Parking meter thievery, Malibu money bag drops, Hooters, SWAT, Craigslist spamming, an unbelievable amount of false fire alarms, short little unemployable former radio wimps that hide behind multiple screen names with their own vile brand of convoluted crap, Crazy a-holes who wear shorts in the winter and have a blogger god complex and extort local businesses for ad space, selfish unions that don't get the current economic picture and a Mayoral Administration that while well intended can't put out meaningful status updates on all issues that are important (i.e. status report). So I can now sit back and watch the political sh*tstorm that is Hoboken and when the fires are burning at their brightest, I will bring the marshmellows. Besides, I have plenty of fun projects outside of blogging planned.

I will provide coverage of Hoboken St. Patrick's Day and that will be my last coverage on this site. Whew, that felt good! Thanks to all my readers who participated and gave me feedback both positive and negative. I have reached the point where I feel I have run out of things to say so it is best to put the keyboard down and enjoy other aspects of what life offers. Oh, and when the real estate market gets better, sell, sell, sell. Thanks again.

The one, the only
Jolly Green Giant aka
Kurt The Unfriended aka
Reformerus_Gianticus aka
Kurt R. Gardiner ◦
Share/Bookmark