Monday, February 23, 2009

NJ.com Article on Beth Mason

Just published today in the Jersey Journal is an article from a seasoned political reporter on the possible reasons why Beth Mason has not formally declared yet. Please note that these are the opinions of the Jersey Journal's writer and not necessarily this blog. I am posting this article because it represents another conversation on process of the formation of at least one slate and is relevant to my first stab at the candidate slates earlier this morning. I will try to publish other links as they may come up for a broad-based view of the political strategies and movements of what promises to be a very interesting race. Here is the article:

Mason is yet to jump in - here's some reasons why

http://www.nj.com/jjournal/stories/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/1235373962273380.xml&coll=3

The writer of this article AGUSTIN TORRES can be reached at atorres@jjournal.com.

My Comment: I too have wondered why a front runner (based on the polls) would wait so long to announce but I understand that her campaign is being professionally managed and has its own timeframe for such announcement. Please note I am not trying to force any time table on any candidate but rather just reflecting my observations. Possible reasons for her waiting are:

1) Shortening the timeframe for attacks from the opposition.
2) Solidifying a diverse slate of council members to run on the ticket.
3) Clarifying the message and theme of the campaign. ◦
Share/Bookmark