Monday, July 19, 2010

Silence of the Soares- His Online Activity is Nonexistent after Second Appointment?

Silence of the Soares- Gag order?
Editorial: It should be duly noted that it would appear that Tony Soares' activity on the blogs seems to have dissipated or completely evaporated since his controversial second appointment to the Hudson Sewerage Authority last week. He has been attempting to tarnish my reputation to anyone who will listen and has complained about my blog for taking a stance against the appearances of impropriety that can be created when one person sits on two boards as well as some legitimate concerns over conflict of interest. These points apparently have fallen on deaf ears even though from every indicator I can  gather, the vast majority of core reform has a problem with dual board appointments.

Regarding Tony's personal attacks on me, all I can say it is a small town and word eventually gets back. Personally, I have had enough of Tony Soares' vitriol to last a lifetime over the last few weeks.  It isn't about whether or not he is qualified to sit on a board or whether or not he will fight on the issues or not. We all know Tony is a fighter. The core issue is that when the conduct of a person becomes detrimental to the goals many of us in the reform movement are hoping for, something must be done about it. Instead of setting boundaries on behavioral limits, I believe Mr. Soares has been rewarded for bad behavior and that for me is at the crux of the problem with last week's appointments. Others in reform have issues with some of the other positions awarded last week but for me the core issue is Tony sitting on two boards and his arrogant attitude about it. The people have spoken yet the Lenz, Marsh, and Soares Triumvirate so far have officially remained silent. Real leadership doesn't go into a shell when things go wrong. They deal with it, communicate effectively and then move on.

Again, intellect and his experience notwithstanding, I now view Tony Soares as the cancer of the reform movement. When you have cancer and catch it early enough it is best to cut it out so it doesn't continue to metastasize, fester and grow out of control like Tony has. I believe I am not alone in this assessment and many perhaps will remain silent for fear of backlash. As far as I am concerned, reform needs to move away from the madness of "King Tony" and his massive ego. It would be for the betterment of Hoboken and the slow march towards better governance.

Additional Comment: I do realize this post may come across as personal but I can assure you there is an underlying political statement about my position. Many people would be more naturally inclined to help Mike Lenz if it were not for Tony Soares' involvement in that campaign. His threatening of lawsuits for simply stating opinion, veiled threats about my and other's employment, duplicity in dealing with people and hypocrisy are really at the heart of the matter. It is most certainly not about me or just this recent issue. I feel a line has been crossed but I do remind readers I am but one of many voices in the reform movement. Others may feel differently and I am fine with that. I have spoken my mind finally after remaining quiet on this for some time now. ◦
Share/Bookmark