Sunday, February 22, 2009

Video of the Day - Soccer at Sinatra Park

Saturday was a good day for a nice walk even though I got a late start. I seem to always end up at some point near the waterfront on my long weekend walks. I took this video of a group of men playing soccer down at Sinatra Field. I have to say that I like the new turf that was put in recently. It is a great surface! At least here is one example of a no bid contract that was done right.

This play showed a good a amount of teamwork and led to a goal with some innovative dribbling and crisp passing. At the end you can hear someone say GOOOOOAAAAAAL! That by the way is one of my favorite sports cliches. The other great one is Marv Alpert's famous YES! when Vlade Divac made that incredible off balance wrong-footed awkward hook shot in a Laker's playoff game. Of course I digress and therefore could lose my less sports oriented audience. Here is the clip:


Share/Bookmark