Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Editorial - Congratulations Kid's First and all those Who Helped



I would like to congratulate Kids First on a hard fought victory for the betterment of Education in Hoboken. The ticket was a strong ticket, it had the right message, it was the right time, and it motivated enough voters to get the win.

Thanks should also go to Dawn Zimmer's campaign organization who worked hard to keep things organized and coordinated. Theresa and her ticket had asked her for help and Dawn and her team gave it willingly to help the cause. Dawn wasn't the only candidate Kids first asked for help from but the only Mayoral Candidate that formally stepped up and openly supported this great ticket. Thank you Dawn, Peter Cunningham, and Chris Carbine as well as the entire Zimmer Slate of Ravi Bhalla, Carol Marsh and David Mello!

I would also like to thank those supporters of Beth Mason who also independently supported Kids first because your conscience dictated so. Your efforts as challengers and support too helped make the difference and I mean that sincerely. By giving your support you put principle over politics and that earns my respect.

I worked as a challenger and enjoyed the day as I was in the uptown firehouse at 14th Street and got to meet some of the poll workers as well as many of the fireman that protect our town. The highlight of my day was the Hoboken Dancer was back at his usual post around 8PM (14th and Washington). At the time I did not now the outcome of the election but I now look back at Chewy's well choreographed routines as being harbinger of the good result.

I look forward to seeing this new team in action for constructive change for Hoboken's Schools. Thanks again for all those who voted. ◦
Share/Bookmark