Saturday, January 16, 2010

Photo of the Day - Newport Skating Rink



I remember that during the Robert's Administration there was talk of a community pool and a skating rink that unfortunately never came to fruition during his 8 year "occupancy" as Mayor. In all fairness to former Mayor Dave Roberts there were of course obstacles that prevented these things from being completed like a bankrupt developer that took everything up front and gave the City nothing back but unfulfilled promises since their money had run out. While I would still rather live in Hoboken than Newport  due to the fact I like the bustle of the Hoboken streetscape and its community feel there is one thing that Newport has that Hoboken does not, a skating rink.

The day I was there I did not spot any future  Kristi Yamaguchis but those who braved the cold on that blustery day seemed to be having a good time while learning how to skate.

Check out the very short video clip below:


Share/Bookmark