Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Old Dave Roberts Tax Letter

I saved a few of those Dave Roberts Tax letters I used to get with my quarterly tax bill. I suspected that they might be worth a look back a few years later knowing what I knew then about the spending patterns that were going on in City Hall.

This letter is particularly curious in that it talks about tax stabilization, using $52 million in public money for the HUMC bailout, and talks swmimingly about the appointment of the new Superintendent of Schools Jack Raslowsky without even mentioning him by name.

It also mentions parks and in all fairness Kidney Bean/Pier C Park did make substantial progress only to fall a few railings short of completion during his tenure. That would have been one ribbon cutting ceremony that Dave Roberts would have truly savored given his penchant for ceremony. Read and and laugh or cry depending on your situation...


Share/Bookmark