Friday, June 12, 2009

Note From Dawn Zimmer - No Official Concession Yet

Here is a note from Dawn Zimmer just sent to me minutes ago:

I want to thank all of you again for your tremendous support, and for volunteering so much of your time to help change Hoboken.

The success of my Council slate, Carol Marsh, Ravi Bhalla and David Mello, means there will be a majority on the City Council committed to making the fundamental changes Hoboken needs. While I am disappointed by today's vote count, I am extremely proud of all that we have achieved together to move our City forward.

Our campaign stood up against outside money and development interests and well-organized interest groups, and we more than held our own. I am ahead of Mr. Cammarano among the well over 11,000 people that voted at the polls by machine on Tuesday. Mr. Cammarano is ahead over-all based on the absentee ballots- a large number of which were defective on their face and already thrown out. The large number of absentee ballots collected by a select few individuals raises significant concerns.

I ask for everyone's patience as I think about what is the best course of action.

I will keep everybody updated as new developments unfold. Thanks again for all of your incredible support.

Best Regards,


Dawn Zimmer ◦
Share/Bookmark