Monday, July 27, 2009

Timothy Occhipinti - Resigns from Peter Cammarano's Steering Committee

Timothy Occhipinti - Resigns from Peter Cammarano's Steering Committee

Below is his statement for the local media:

The events that unfolded last Thursday were both stunning and unsettling to the thousands of supporters that voted for Peter Cammarano during the mayoral election. As an independent council candidate who endorsed Cammarano, it is especially difficult. As I stated during my campaign, I believe our elected officials should stand for honesty, integrity, and character and it is time we hold them accountable for their actions.

Effective immediately I am resigning my position as a subcommittee chairman on the Mayor’s Transition Team. I can not in good faith support Mayor Cammarano’s decision to remain in office. The public trust entrusted to him as our mayor has been shattered.

I can not foresee how Mayor Cammarano can effectively carry out the duties and responsibilities required to fulfill the office of mayor at this time. I respectfully ask for the benefit of the residents of Hoboken that Mayor Cammarano resign. We need to move this city forward and work together to resolve the issues at hand.

-Timothy Occhipinti
Hoboken Independent City Council at Large Candidate 2009 ◦
Share/Bookmark