Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Note From Ines Garcia Keim to the Hoboken Journal

Last night I received a message in Spanish from Ines Garcia Keim who was the runner up for this year's Democratic Chair.

"Que ignorante eres, Kurt, al dudar que yo haya escrito mi carta. No solo fui la autora de la misma, la hubiese podido escribir en español tambien. La verdad es que no me conoces, y quizas deberas verificar con alguien que me conozca mejor si yo soy capaz de escribir mi propia carta.


Estoy orgullosa de lo que he logrado y de la gente que me apoyo. Tienen valentia y valores de sobra, y reconocen el talento aun si no se encuentra en una posicion poderosa."
 
- Ines Garcia-Keim
 
Now I don't speak Spanish but I was intially able to figure out that Ines thought I was ignorant of something (besides Spanish) so I felt compelled to roughly translate:
 
"How ignorant are you, Kurt, to doubt that I have written my letter. Not only was the author of the same, had also been written in Spanish. The truth is you do not know (me), and might have checked with someone who knows me better if I am able to write my own letter. I'm proud of what I achieved and the people who support me. They have enough courage and values, and recognize the talent even if it is in a powerful position."
 
My response: I did not say that I doubted that Ines Garcia-Keim had the ability to write her own letters, it is that I just doubted that she wrote her case for chair one as it came across as too consultant-like. That was an opinion/conjecture. I am more than happy to print the retraction and correct the public as a matter of record. I also suggest Ines should also contact political writer Auggie Torres of NJ.com and get him to retract all the statements he has made as conjecture that have been consistently proven wrong recently.
 
As for not knowing  the real Ines Garcia-Keim: I do know Ines has spent a lot of her time over the years volunteering in the community. I also know Ines from her efforts in reform when I first to moved to Hoboken and when I supported her for Freeholder. I do admit that I don't know the Ines Garcia-Keim as of late who is making deals with the Russos lately. But that is politics. Alliances shift, but the Russos? I also know that Ines does not get the main point I was trying to convey in the analysis of her letter. The main point that I was trying to make was that the Vice Chair poisition was in play as a gesture of unification and that she didin't have the votes for chair. I was proven right.
 
Being at the Committee meeting first hand last night during the meeting made it clear to me the Ines I thought I knew, I don't know anymore. Ines is at least right on that, I don't know her.  I am not the only one who has been saying that.
 
- Kurtis "Ignoranmus" Maximus aka Reformerus Gianticus
 
PS- For rediculous spin on the results of the election go to Hoboken 411.  It should be a gem of a writeup as Lane Bajardi, depicted left texting away to someone, was in attendance at the meeting and not Perry Klaussen, the website's owner. ◦
Share/Bookmark