Thursday, December 30, 2010

Councilman Peter Cunningham of the Snow Storm

Here is a brief note from 5th Ward Councilman Peter Cunningham on the snow storm last weekend......

Happy Holidays and New Year to all ...

This is a brief note to thank you all...for what you did, or could do within reason...to help your neighbor, a friend or a complete stranger these last couple of days. While I will not go so far to use a famous Paine quote that these were "the times that try men's souls" we came pretty close. I have been around the Fifth Ward since Monday morning and would agree that there were things we did well, however other things which need further evaluation.

I am happy for the compliments as well as the criticisms placed not only on me, but the administration as well. If constructive, it only serves to straighten, and improve the process; and I am thankful to all that have reached out on-line, or who I have seen in the streets. However, I know our job is not done.

I have heard from some of you that there still may be areas that need attention, so please call me ASAP.

On another note, I expect to send out a recap before year end, and have set up a Twitter account to afford another media for sharing information. There's a lot going on in Hoboken, and my gut tells me we could be in for a long winter. Enjoy the balmy 40 degree weather the next couple of days and again have a Happy New Year. And as always, please forward along, call or write with any issues or concerns.

- Peter Cunningham Hoboken 5th Ward Councilman
Email: cunninghamforhoboken@gmail.com
Phone: 201-562-7071

Editor's note: Here is your chance if you live in the 5th Ward to reach out to Peter Cunningham and address your concerns.  I witnessed Peter out and about Monday night urging the City to take care of the cars on Park Avenue that were blocking plowing efforts so I know he was out observing the situation as well and giving feedback to the Administration. ◦
Share/Bookmark