Monday, February 28, 2011

Greg Lincoln Announces Campaign Kickoff March 3rd and Shares Bio

Third Ward Resident and active community member, Greg Lincoln has decided to challenge incumbent Mike Russo for 3rd Ward Councilman in the City of Hoboken in the May 10th 2011 municipal election. Greg feels strongly that honest representation in the 3rd Ward is long overdue. It's time for a Councilman who puts residents' needs ahead of his own.



You are cordially invited to Greg Lincoln’s
Campaign Kick-Off and Fundraiser:
Thursday March 3
Willie McBride’s, 616 Grand St
7-9 pm
Special Guest: Mayor Dawn Zimmer
If you plan to attend, please RSVP to the campaign email address:
LincolnForCouncil@gmail.com

Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/LincolnForCouncil
Web Page: Scheduled to go live March 3, 2011

Greg Lincoln Bio

My Community

My family and I have lived in Hoboken for six years and love the vibrant, diverse, and welcoming atmosphere of our town. After renting for a couple of years, we decided to plant our roots and bought a condo in the third ward where we enjoy a great neighborhood.

During our time in Hoboken, my family and I have become more and more involved in what our town has to offer. I’ve volunteered as an assistant coach for instructional league soccer for three years. I’m involved with my oldest son’s Cub Scout troop. I have been a member of my building’s condo association board for four years. We’ve been involved with the schools and of course, our kids’ athletic teams.

In the last three years, I have become more involved politically in part because of the recent tax increase, but more so because of the poor decisions and corruption of prior elected officials. I was one of many on the steps of city hall holding a sign after Peter Cammarano was indicted, calling for his resignation. I regularly attend city council meetings, speaking when I feel it is important to do so. I also attend other community meetings when I can, and I do my best to support my neighbors, friends, and local businesses.

My Family

My wife Carma is my best friend, an awesome mom, and a dedicated professional. I am so grateful for her in so many ways; our marriage of 11+ years is one of the greatest blessings in my life.

We have two sons, Thurman and Nicholas. Thurman just turned 10 and is in the fourth grade at Elysian Charter, though he was at Wallace school for three years (K-2nd). He is an avid reader, budding scientist, enjoys sports, and loves Legos. Nicholas will be turning 6 soon, and is a precocious kindergartner. He loves to run and play like most kids his age, and has a passion for sports.

My Work

I work at Berkeley College, which has 4 campuses in New Jersey and 3 in New York. I’ve been employed there for three and a half years; previously I worked at Stevens Institute of Technology for about three years. As the Assistant Director of Institutional Research, I collect, manage, and report a large portion of the data about the college. This includes data about students, faculty, staff, financial aid, assessment, graduation and retention, surveys, and a lot more. Essentially, I’m a data geek who’s good with data and information.

Carma is a faculty member in Behavioral Sciences at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, where she directs the Communication Skills Training and Research Laboratory.

My Education

I completed my undergraduate degree in Sociology (minors in Psychology and Spanish) at Concordia College in Moorhead, MN. I completed coursework for a master’s in Sociology at the University of Nebraska at Omaha.

Carma has degrees from Brigham Young University (B.A.), University of Nebraska at Omaha (M.A.) and Northwestern University (Ph.D.).

My Church

Church is something we prioritize as a family, attending every Sunday we are able. We belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, a Christian church, attending our congregation in Jersey City (also known as the Mormon church).

I know not everyone is familiar with our church, but if you would like to learn a bit more I would invite you to check out www.mormon.org to see what some of the most basic beliefs are.

My own belief is that a person’s religion doesn’t really matter much in the course of politics, but is helpful for better understanding a person’s perspective. In that our current City Council is comprised of members of the Catholic Church, Jewish Synagogue, and Sikh Coalition, I think I’ll fit right in. ◦
Share/Bookmark