Thursday, July 8, 2010

Court Street Lobster Fest - Fun with the Hungry Giant

Court Street 
Restaurant and Bar

Address: 61 Sixth Street (between Hudson and Washington Streets) Hoboken, N.J. 07030
Phone: 201.795.4515
Website: http://www.courtstreet.com/
Serving Dinner
7 nights a week:
4:30 - 11:00 PM (10PM on Sundays)

Sunday Brunch:
11:30 AM - 3:00 PM


Every Wednesday is Lobster Night at Court Street, a nice cozy eatery on 6th and Court Street in Hoboken, NJ. During the summer they also extend the lobster specials to Saturday night as well.

In addition to lobster specials Court Street has a very good and rotating wine selection and their wine tastings usually fill up very quickly.  The owner Jack and his daughter Meghan run the place and it has been a Hoboken fixture for many years.

I have not been eating out like I used to and this is the first time I have actually had the lobster special. Most patrons of Court Street are not nutters like me so you will have excuse this rather unconventional food eating experience recap.

I am one happy camper right before I take the plunge and dig into my twin lobster special.

The bib along with the lobster crackers and lobster fork are essential tools of the trade.

Grrr! Keep the children away from the hungry giant!

The Hoboken Journal is pleased to let the readers know that no small children or pets 
were consumed during this feeding frenzy photo shoot.

A lobster Anger Management course might be required? Is this a City Council meeting?

Yes, I was out of practice with the lobster eating intricacies and technique but was eventually able to complete both lobsters and felt quite stuffed. Back to the diet today with non-sweetened oatmeal for breakfast.

Back to civility. Note the extended pinky. Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
Back in the day, royalty once served lobster to their help as they were considered insects of the sea. Just epi-curious: Has Beth Mason ever served her political minions lobster as a reward for their fealty/loyalty? Ahh, but I digress now and I am talking about the wrong kind of court anyhow.

Photo Credit: Jeff Wysocki, esteemed bartender at Court Street who puts up with my antics but alas is an avid Red Sox fan. No one is perfect.

In all seriousness folks, Court Street is a very relaxed dinning atmosphere with a great owner and friendly service and is a place I always feel at home at when I choose to eat there. What other restaurant would let me document my own eating habits like I am on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom?

Share/Bookmark