Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hoboken Photo of The Day - Timothy Occhipinti's Planning Board Intermission Getaway


Today's Hoboken photo of the day is a photo of Timothy Occhipinti leaving the Planning Board meeting last week after they announced intermission. An agent working on behalf of the Hoboken Journal sent me this photo of him during his getaway.

In all fairness to Tim who recently declared his candidacy at Northern Soul bar surrounded by the same people who gave us Peter Cammarano including the embedded media along for a few free drinks, I also left the meeting after the break and I do understand what is it like to lead a busy life. I am not sure why Tim left so early, perhaps it was to get back to the 4th Ward and fight for it "tooth and nail". Perhaps he got a page from mentor Maurice Fitzgibbons calling him away to get ready for his big debate upcoming on Freeholder Anthony "Stick" Romano's politics show. I guess we will never really know.

For me, my reason for leaving early was that once I had heard the wit and wisdom of Margaret O'Brien sing the praises for all the things Beth Mason hasn't done for the 2nd Ward in a shameless pre-election plug and complain about 20-30 year millionaires taking over Hoboken I had heard enough. How do you follow that?  Wait, wasn't this meeting supposed to be about planning Hoboken's long term future? I guess Margaret didn't get the agenda ahead of time. I have no intention of piling it on when ordinary citizens speak but when electioneering happens at these meetings it honestly disgusts me.

The question still lingers in me this week: How do I meet these millionaires that Margaret speaks of to get some VC seed money for my blog?

Have a nice day. Stay cool today denizens of Hoboken. ◦
Share/Bookmark