Friday, February 27, 2009

Another One Puts His Hat in the Ring for Mayor- Tom Vincent


Tom Vincent, long time resident, part time musician ("The Romance Commandos"), and full time software consultant has decided to start collecting signatures for his run for Mayor of Hoboken in 2009 . In a previous post I had listed him as "Candidate Y" since I knew he had picked up the forms from City Hall recently from a good source of mine there but I wanted to wait for him to give me the go ahead before I published anything.

Tom has never had political aspirations until now. Here is a brief excerpt from pending material which explains why he has decided to run for Mayor of Hoboken:

"I've lived in Hoboken for 28 years. And like a lot of us, I didn't really pay that much attention to local politics. It seemed the province of insiders, well- connected land-owners, business people, and life-long politicians whose dealings remained mysterious. It didn't seem like a very democratic system but it also didn't seem that there was anything I could do about it. But after watching poor decision-making and poor planning squander our resources and potential I can't just watch any longer."

Editor's Note: There will be more material forthcoming once his website is ready for public viewing. Tom is not planning on running with a slate based on my discussions with him. I know Tom Vincent personally and I can tell you he is intelligent and engaging to converse with.

Share/Bookmark