Monday, February 23, 2009

Editor's Survey- Should I Make People Sign in for Comments?

Here is a recent post that someone sent in about the nature of the commenting rules on this site:



Hope you are happy with this garbage Kurt. You have given anonymous liars a new venue to spread trash.

Of course the irony is not lost on me that the person who posted this comment did so anonymously. Just kidding. Point taken.

Good comment for the following reason, I have been thinking of having users sign in with a google account or some other blogger id instead of anonymously for three reasons:

1) It gives some accountability to the post.
2) It is easier to track conversations.
3) You can still remain unknown in terms of who you really are.


So readers, what do you think, should I now require users to sign in and forgo the convenience of not signing in for comments (which to me isn't a big deal)?

Let me know your thoughts in comments or in this survey below:



The Editor - "Reformerous_Gianticus" ◦
Share/Bookmark