Monday, February 23, 2009

Photos and Video from The St. Patrick's Day Fundraiser

Last night the St. Patrick's Day Fundraiser was held at Our Lady Grace Church Annex last night from 5PM-9PM. The event was very well attended with the following political personalities there including Peter Cammarano, Frank Raia, Dawn Zimmer, Beth Mason, Ruben Ramos, Maurice Fitzgibbons, Mike Russo, Anthony "Stick" Ramano, Peter Cunningham, Nino Giacchi, Scott Delea, Mike Novak, Jimmy Farina, etc. Please let me know if I left anyone else out.


For a buffet I found the Corn Beef and Cabbage to be quite tasty, and predictably showing a propensity for gluttony that partially defines me, I helped myself to seconds not to mention a selection of beers and vodka.

I spoke with Bill Noonan who was quite pleased by the turnout. Bewteen the one party and the "Gold Ads" in the booklet that are for sale for $500 each the parade is fully funded each year at around $15,000.


Here are a few photos but check out the video below these for a real treat:

The band playing a mix of pop covers and Irish music

The crowd at the event



Here, in my humble opinion is the highlight of the evening with Jimmy Farina as flag bearer leading the dance. The long tenured BOE Board member knows how get the party going and is quite deft with the footwork:


Share/Bookmark