Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Comments Suspended for Anonymous Users

Update 5/26/2009:

After a day of reflection I have decided to keep the requirement of signing in for comments permanent. In the short run it might result in less traffic but in the long run it will make threads more readable as you will be able to follow other posters better (as per commenter Lincoln_logger). It will be up to the commenter to decide how anonymous they want to remain. By signing in on the blogger platform I don't know anything about commenters other than their post name. This blog is on Google's back-end and I don't have access.

Also, The second paragraph in my response yesterday could be read as sarcastic but these are assertions made to me directly and paraphrased or comments he has made to others who have reached out to me to post their events. One person got an earful for even sending their event to my website before his.

Sorry Perry Klaussen, despite your fascist tendencies to want to be the only go-to web site in Hoboken, it is not going to happen. When I decided to start my own blog it was initially to just have editorial control (the pulling of the purple pillow poem) but it has now become very apparent for need to have an MSNBC to your Fox News (credit to anonymous commenter on that one). It is important that Hoboken have other sources for information from different perspectives. NJ.com has content that H411 does not have. Even tough they have endorsed Cammarano and the stories show some reflection of that as evidenced by the glowing writeup of a BBQ in the projects and the omission of the Zimmer slate at a recent Senior event, their site shows more balance of coverage than H411. The more the merrier I say.

Original Post 5/25/2009:

The vitriol is getting a little too much on this site and I have decided to take a few days off of monitoring the comments. Thus, comments have been temporarily suspended for anonymous users. If you are registered you can still comment. If you can't post without spewing hate, I don't want the traffic. If you want to demonize Lane, Kim and Jim Vance go ahead and do it on NJ.com. I am not defending them but these comments go too far. If it is in fact true that they are supporting Peter Cammarano (I personally have no evidence of that fact) then great, they did a lot of help for Beth Mason.

It is time for a time out. To my more civil readers, I am sorry but a little break from this is what the doctor ordered. For completely unbiased and poignant coverage of all political events, go to Hoboken 411. It is the most heavily trafficked, best written website about dogs, cats, doomed businesses and the seedy lives of select politicians in Hoboken ever written. In fact the owner is one of the most upfront, straightforward, most mentally balanced people to ever run a website of all time. The world is truly blessed to have a great and swell person such as Perry Klaussen and I am happy to give him back what little traffic I have. Since his website is open to all comers and opinions I am happy to oblige. ◦
Share/Bookmark