Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hudson Reporter Mentions Triumvirate of "Pro-Zimmer" Blogs

Just kidding with the graphic by the way - The Hoboken Reporter finally got a story mostly right:)
The Hudson Reporter did a story today on the commentary between The Hoboken Journal, Grafix Avenger and Mile Square View (HJ, GA and MSV in short) blogs regarding differences of opinion on an appointment of one citizen to two Hoboken Boards.

Here is the link to the article on the Hoboken Reporter Website:

Pro-Zimmer bloggers divided over Hobokenite being appointed to two boards

My comment: I have to say this is a good piece overall. I am surprised that the news websites did not pick up on this discussion sooner. Perhaps their is a role for us opinion blogs to play in the local web-sphere after all. There are no hard feelings between the bloggers at MSV, GA and HJ today. I just got off the phone with GA and Da Horsey and all is right between us. Her opinions and mine and that of Da Horsey" all differ and that is fine by me. Other than a minor error*, the story shows that unlike Hoboken 411 who appears to be beholden to the political whims of Beth Mason, these three blogs don't always tow the party (i.e. Zimmer) line. For the record, I only regard myself as a pro-Zimmer blog because so far I agree with most but not all of the Mayor's decisions to date. Should the Mayor steer away from the positive things she has been doing perhaps my support of her will wane like Beth Mason's reform base.

*Slight correction:
The story makes reference to the Mile Square View blog in paragraph 7 when it should be paragraph 8 and The Hoboken Journal is mentioned in paragraph 8 when it should be refered to in paragraph 7.

I liked this comment from FJHoboken:

"The fact that they can debate these issues shows that they are not afraid, which is a keystone of reform.

However I wish we could all agree that we shouldn't let anyone accumulate too many political power positions, and stick to that instead of making special exceptions. But that's just one man's opinion."
Share/Bookmark