Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thank You Frank Raia! Kurt Gardiner For Freeholder

Photo Courtesy of MSV blog
I would personally like to thank Frank Raia for making my candidacy for Freeholder in November even more viable. Frank and I have had our disagreements from time to time and I don't see eye to eye with him on most municipal issues. However, I just recently I met up with Frank holding court at the St. Ann's Festival and we had an amicable conversation. The substance of the conversation which I will not disclose other than the fact that he let me know that the petition drive was alive to challenge the moving of elections to November by the new City Council majority. He will need about 2,200 signatures to get that done which should be quite doable as it reflects his voting natural base.

The way I look at it is this: Frank with the help of Jaime Cryan, Franz Paetzold and others has initiated a real good reason for more people generally aligned with good governance to come out and vote in the November election. That can only help me as long as I run a campaign to convince those voters who are more naturally aligned with my policy positions that I am the best choice to advocate for good governance, lower county taxes (county taxes went way up during Romano's three year reign) and to bring more services to my district. The bar may be low but I will stand tall and rise above the current expectations of mediocrity and County Machine kowtowing that my opponent currently seems to accept.

Thank you Frank Raia!: So Frank Raia, I don't know what your plans are for endorsement for Freeholder but I do want to thank you once a again for a potential relative electoral windfall provided I am able to capitalize on it. Thanks again and good luck with those petitions! ◦
Share/Bookmark