Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fledgling Blog Gains Momentum - Site Stats

I figured it was time to give my readers an update on the recent uptick in traffic numbers. Unlike another website, I am transparent about my site statistics and give you the real raw numbers. As traffic numbers go I don't care about how my site does in relation to others since it is comparing apples to oranges and the site seems to be gaining momentum. In the period from 5/1/2009 to 5/14/2009 I averaged over 80 comments per day (the rate of 29,200 per year) is just one example of such growth.

I would like to thank you my readers for showing interest in this site as it continues to develop. Most of the support has been positive but there have been bumps along the way. The issue that has come up that requires some attention by me is the comments. Yes, I have deleted the most egregious posts from my website when requested as well as monitor the comments manually to make sure I can maintain some level of decorum. I don't currently have the technical platform to do sophisticated filtering (yet) so this is a manual process. One viewer accused me of encouraging these type of comments. Nothing could be further from the truth but I do agree extra vigilance is required. Again, If you have a problem with any comment as being over the top please politely email me at kurt.gardiner@gmail.com and I will take appropriate action. I do want to keep this an open forum but if the abuse becomes too rampant I will have to do strict monitoring of each comment. I do not want to go that route.


Feel free to forward me any suggestions or even constructive criticism (no personal attacks, I know I'm fat already and need to lose weight and my height is a combination of genetics and proximity to a nuclear power plant ha ha).

Thanks again for helping grow this online community.

- The Editor


As of 5/21/2009 10:30 am

As of 5/21/2009 10:30 am


Share/Bookmark