The Democratic Primary Election is this Tuesday, June 7th. I ask that you join me in supporting the Real Democrats for Hoboken slate that is running in Column “A”. Please remember the candidates for Hoboken Democratic Committee and be sure to Vote Column “A” all the way from top to bottom.
Assemblyman Ruben Ramos is running for re-election. As our Assemblyman he has stood up for Hoboken and has:
Fought to increase state-aid for Hoboken Schools
Fought to eliminate a state imposed surcharge on Corner Cars rentals
Championed legislation to mandate low-cost heart screening exams for newborns that will save lives
Freeholder Anthony Romano is a tremendous advocate for our community. As our Freeholder he has:
- Fought to lower county taxes and increase county services (Editor's note: County taxes for Hoboken have gone up during Romano's incumbency- way up without an appreciable increase in services).
- Advocated for quick repairs of Sinatra Drive North and stabilization of our waterfront
- Counseled young residents on the dangers of substance abuse through the Hudson County Municipal Alliance Against Drugs and Alcohol
- Endorsed Republican Governor Chris Christie for reelection.
- Supported the Christie administration state-aid cuts for NJ Transit, Hoboken Schools, and Women’s Healthcare Facilities.
- Supported Christie’s bully tactics including his calls for “taking a bat” to 76 year-old Democratic State Senator Loretta Weinberg.