Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beth Mason on Launching of Final Phase of Hoboken's Waterfront Walkway

Here is another mass email update from Beth Mason on the Waterfront Walkway:



Dear Friend,


I am excited to announce that earlier this week I joined Hudson County officials for the groundbreaking of the final phase of Hoboken’s waterfront walkway. In addition to the walkway this space will also include a kayak and canoe launch.

The $3.1 million project will be covered by federal aid and county grants, which includes $2.55 million from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and $515,000 from the Hudson County Open Space Trust Fund.

Currently this space is desolate and undeveloped, but it will be transformed into a walkway that is the final phase necessary to connect Hoboken, Weehawken, Jersey City, North Bergen, and Guttenberg along our waterfront.

When I was first elected in 2007 this was one of the many goals we set together and now we are six months away from making it a reality. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for continuing to work with me to make Hoboken a better place to live and raise a family.

I look forward to seeing you soon. As always feel free to contact me at (201)-916-8244 or Beth@MasonCityCouncil.org.

Thank you for your time.

- Beth Mason ◦
Share/Bookmark