Friday, January 23, 2009

Reader Poll Update- Clarification

I started a basic reader poll a few weeks back to try and get some interactivity on the site. Here are the results as of the Hoboken Mayor's poll. The results of course are not based on scientific methodology so nothing serious should be read into the results. But just fun.... one observation is that Peter Cammarano has more than 3% of the vote. I guess this is to be expected given the potential for a non-consolidated reform ticket or his supporters need to pad the votes on my small blog to re-affirm their belief in his viability.

Also one reader asked an interesting question:
I have a question about the mayoral poll. Which Tom Foley?
A. Tom Foley, the lawyer who ran for 6th Ward 2 years ago.
B. Tom Foley, who works as officer of senior citizens services and is an active member of the Elks.

The Answer is A, the Tom Foley that ran against Nino Giacchi and Bill Noonan for 6th Ward Councilman two years ago. Are the results of this poll based on a misunderstanding of which Tom Foley I was referring too? I know the elder Tom Foley is quite the popular Elks Club member so it could be possible that Hoboken has its very own political phenomenon called "The Tom Foley Effect".



My Advice: These results are not a predictor of the ultimate outcome. Enjoy and have fun.

Share/Bookmark