Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dawn Zimmer - City Council Celebration Party at Goldhawk Thursday 8PM


Dawn Zimmer - City Council Celebration Party
at Goldhawk Thursday June 18, 2009 8PM

Here is an email from Dawn Zimmer on her reasons for conceding the election and to announce a party at Goldhawk this Thursday June 18th at 8PM:

Dear Friends,

Let's celebrate the election of Carol Marsh, Ravi Bhalla and Dave Mello, and discuss how we can continue working together to set a new direction for our city:

Thursday: June 18 8:00 PM at the Goldhawk -- 10th & Park

This morning, I called, Mayor-elect Cammarano and congratulated him on his hard fought victory. I have officially ended my mayoral campaign, but our campaign to make positive change for Hoboken has just begun. I hope you will stay involved in our continuing grassroots effort that elected Kids First, Ravi Bhalla, Carol Marsh and Dave Mello, giving us working majorities on both the School Board and the City Council.

Given the closeness of the race, and the anecdotal evidence of serious improprieties, many have advised me to pursue an election challenge. I gave much thought to doing so, but I have decided against it. This election was extremely divisive, and an election challenge would literally tear our town apart. My attorney has advised me that the margin of victory -- 161 votes - was large enough to make overturning the result extremely unlikely, even if we could prove that improprieties had occurred.

I believe that the better course is to focus my efforts on working with our new City Council majority to move our agenda for change forward. During the Mayoral campaign, Mr. Cammarano adopted many new progressive positions including limitations on overdevelopment and green initiatives. I look forward to working to ensure that those promises become real policy initiatives that preserve and enhance our quality of life.

I hope to see all of you at the Goldhawk this Thursday.

Thanks!

Dawn Zimmer ◦
Share/Bookmark