Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tony Soares Steps down from Cammarano's Transition Team

Here is another letter of resignation from Peter Cammarano's Transition Team:

From: Tony Soares
Date: July 24, 2009 12:50:24 PM EDT
To: Mike Novak
Subject: Re: Transition Team Meeting

Dear Michael,

Effective immediately.

I will not be participating in the transition team.

While I accepted the offer to help Hoboken (despite my continued support of Zimmer) where I could, I never expected Cammarano to bring this black mark on our city. Peter must resign.

Thanks again. I know you are an upstanding man and I respect your hard work. However, I simply can not trust an administration led by an official who by his own words was selling our city out and threatening to crush folks like me "into powder".

Sincerely,

Tony Soares
Former Hoboken City Councilman

My comment: I don't anticipate everyone on the transition team to resign but in the end it might be put on hold or disbanded altogether in the near future depending on developments over the next week or two. Mike Novak is a victim in this as well as any of his most ardent supporters. They all all put their trust in Peter Cammarano and he let them down whether or not he is convicted. He let all of Hoboken down big time. ◦
Share/Bookmark