Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Site Update on Stats and Positive Feedback

Normally the summer is supposed to be a downer for web based traffic for political websites about Hoboken. I still view my site traffic as modest given the size of Hoboken but I had one of my best months in since the May 2009 Mayoral elections. As they say content is king but the change to new comment system of Intense Debate has helped drive traffic along with some very intelligent and knowledgeable commenters that contribute to this site. In the interest of transparency here are last week's growing numbers:

HJ Site Statistics July 19-25, 2010
I also received these brief messages of encouragement over the weekend which gave me a bit of a boost for my efforts in maintaining this part-time blog......

Reader email #1:

"Kurt,
I can't help but think your presence and staying on top of issues is helping make a difference in our community.
Keep it up!
- Larry"

Reader email #2:

Kurt,
Keep up the great informational public service that your blog provides....stay well !
Regards,
Rich

As always, divergent points of view are welcome even when this blogger/editor "goes off the reservation" and looses a bit of balance in the short term. For letters to the editor, ideas or tips just email me at kurt.gardiner@gmail.com and I will try to take your ideas into consideration. Thanks  for your continued support my merry (and sometimes cranky) band of readers. ◦
Share/Bookmark